Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Garnola Bars



For some reason I've been thinking there is sunflower seeds in 7 grain mix. Anyhow I finally looked it up and here is what is really in 7 grain mix. Hard wheat, soft wheat, oats, triticale, barley, rye and spelt. I like using this mix for granola/cereal bars. Here's my recipe.


1 1/2 sticks butter (melted or softened)

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 teaspoon sea salt

1 cup honey

1/2 raw sugar, sucanat etc.

2 eggs

1 cup of re hydrated coconut (very wet)

6 cups 7 grain rolled cereal mix or rolled oats

1 cup raisins

1 cup sunflower seeds

1 (scant) cup chocolate chips

1 cup (approximately) oat flour (grind up oats quickly in blender)


You can add or exchange all these ingredients. When I'm going Gluten Free I just use oats and seeds.


The mixture should be wet. Pat into a large cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes. Cut bars, let cool in pan. Wrap individually or box up. I love them out of the freezer!


Enjoy,

Julie

4 comments:

Champion Builders said...

I am sooo making these :) Thanks!

Schilinski Clan said...

Yum, these look delish. We make granola all the time but we put it in our yogurt or trail mix, I never thought of making bars. We'll have to try it next time.

Lora said...

Oh my gosh, I was actually getting ready to email you to see if you had a granola bar receipe. This is perfect!!!!

Champion Builders said...

I made these for the boys to have for snacks for camp last week. I used Kamut flour because I had some milled and I had to add a bit of rice milk to it to get the right consistancy. (I think the Kamut soaked up some of its wetness). They came out great! Thanks.