Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What's for Dinner?



Hello all..... I mean any of you lovely people who still happen by to see what us crazy folks are up too!
Today was veg coop and we got lots of our chicks favorites, including Diakon Radishes. For all who don't know what they are... I'll just send chick #2 to take a pic.

While we're waiting, isn't crazy and mostly wonderful how different all of our children are! I mean I have one who is working on "back" algebra with Superman and another who is debating on how much extra math she'll do to get ahead and counting the days till testing! This is one area I wished they were all more alike!

Okay, back to radish talk. Here's what they look like. Like big white carrots. They taste spicy and crunchy.
Thanks chick #2!

Well are favorite thing to make with the babies are Diakon Pancakes. I'm really not sure if there is a recipe. I kinda made it up. Okay, I cheated a bit and took it from a Potato Pancake recipe. You maybe asking yourself, why? Well, I don't want to throw the produce out just because we are to wimpy to try it. So I thought... hey, I'll hide it and they'll eat it! Sure enough they thought they were Potato Pancakes. Yippee! Another veggie added to the list.

So here's my own recipe...really!

4 LARGE diakon radishes (finely grated & squeezed)

4 small potatoes (finely grated & squeezed) OR you can use 4 more diakons (I do this when I want lower the calorie count)

1 medium grated onion

2 eggs

3/4 cup whole wheat or white flour

Garlic, Salt & Pepper to taste

Make sure you squeezed the excess juices from the diakons and potatoes. Mix in all ingredients with hands! It's great fun. Put a skillet on with olive oil and fry baby, fry.

Yummy! Serve with a BIG salad and fruit.

Give them a try. Tomorrow are fresh apples come. So lots of cooking this weekend. See you soon.

1 comment:

LovingLegacy said...

yum!! but does superman not complain, "where's the MEAT???" happy tuesday, friend!