Skip to main content

Pondering or Rambling?

*********Oh the Horror! I'll be posting the pictures as soon as my battery charges.**********

I'm sitting here in our School / Computer/ Office/ Library/ Musical Instrument Room and well......... I just don't know how to control this room. I'm constantly freaking out, yelling, crying over this 11x10 space.

I've tried going with the flow. I've used every organizational skill known to woman kind. This space is just not working. At times all 6 of us gather in this small space. It holds 4 large cabinets, 3 computers, a dining room table, 5 to 6 chairs, and an encyclopedia cabinet.

I need to haul it out yet again. Put away the past year and get ready for the new one. As you can see I'm not doing what I should be doing.... Anyone want to come and help me? I'm REALLY Serious.

On to happier thoughts... Summer has become so crazy! It's great, but I haven't adjusted to our schedule. We all are involved in some sort of swimming from 8:30 until 10:30. By the time we get home it's time to start lunch and get Urban Girl off to work. So from 1pm until 4pm I have got time to get everyone involved in some sort of project, reading or school assignment. Then I need to have dinner started and do my list of jobs. Such as the wonderful ROOM I mentioned above. I'm really happy we're all exercising and taking a break from the regular. I just don't know how to fit in the other stuff I still need to do.

I'm pooped! Betty Lou and the other Water Aerobics Instructors are killing me. ( My body is feeling better). So wonderful things are happening, but I'm having trouble switching those gears!

Speaking of switching gears. A couple of weeks ago I took our little girls to the thrift stores. On our way home we saw a person selling sheets; out of a van, in a gas station parking lot. (You know like the set ups you see for rugs on the side of the road.) Well, I got a really good laugh. Sheets! Who had ever heard of such a thing! I told Superman, who in turn thought it was pretty amusing.

Well, this past weekend I was doing a couple of errands when I saw another person at a gas station selling sheets. 600 thread count! Yeah right. Well, I don't know what made me do it, but I switched lanes and pulled in. (I just don't do that sort of thing) I kept telling myself you buy veggies this way occasionally. Just check it out. It's probably a scam.

I took a looksie. This how the story goes from the Sales Lady. They had just closed down their furniture store showroom and had started an online store (she gave me a card for said online store). The sheet sets were a promo they had been running at the store and were getting rid of them. They were supposed to be 600 thread count but the manufacturer sent 800 thread count Egyptian Cotton. A set of king sheets with 4 pillowcases (actually all the sizes) were $20 dollars a set!

$20 a set. I can't get sheets for that price at Wally World. I felt them. They were OOOhhh so nice. I had grocery money burning a hole in my pocket, it has been 8 years since we bought sheets and it was date night! Wouldn't Superman like some luxurious new sheets? I bought them ;)

When I got home Superman was covered in dirt (no way was he getting close to my luxury). He was a bit dumbfounded that I had actually bought sheets from a Roadside Vendor (hey, you have to keep the mystery alive)! I took them right in and washed them in my new friends and laid them on the bed. Ahhhhhhh. Luxury.

They are a bit thinner than Bed, Bath and Beyond but well worth it and ohhh so soft!

What crazy things have you bought on the side of the road?????
Anyone care to help with my room????

julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So Much to say.

Good Morning All! We had a wonderfully busy, four day weekend here. We started out our time together visiting a reenactment of Civil War life. We had a chance to here the cannons blow and the muskets crack. A little unnerving when your aren't prepared for it. All the Dads in our group were entranced. We learned about Morse code and the telegraph service. How to dress for day, evening and what type of hoop skirt was used for different activities. Everyone enjoyed some sarsaparilla, fried peas, parched corn and fry bread. The chickadees has lots of new ideas for ball gowns and bonnets. ( I think we will have a busy summer.) These were war refugees getting dressed for the day. The hairstyles were so intricate! Did you know that they made specific chairs for men and women? The hoops that women wore couldn't fit into chairs with arms. These chairs were also sold in pairs because married couples were the ones most likely to need them. After leaving the Raid we then headed to Bocia

Nitrate Free Pepperoni

I'm not sure if I should show you the picture or not. I tweaked a recipe from Tammy's Recipes and it is quite tasty. BUT (and it's kind of a big BUT) the color is just not right. So the pepperoni looks a little grey (gross) but again taste SUPER! So here goes nothing.... nitrate free pepperoni See how gray it looks? That's because I used Real Salt (sea salt) instead of curring salts which have all the nitrates and fake pink color (they do this so people won't mistake it for table salt). That pink dye also gives sausages of all types that nice color we are all so used too. All the flavor was still in there and I figured if I'm making this homemade I want it to be as healthy as possible for my family. So why would I add the nitrates? Because I didn't use the pink salt I can't just leave this out in my pantry like you could with some of the store bought stuff. If you do to try this recipe and decide to go "all natural" please make sure that you

Nestor's Party- My Craft Room!

Well I wanted to get these up because Nestor is having a 10 minute to a beautiful room party . This has definitely taken more than 10 minutes. But in my brain it was only suppose to take a day! It's far from finished, but that's what a craft room is for. Right? Here's a couple of before pics during the Children's Christmas play. Basically every surface was covered and I had to move stuff just to work. Five of us craft, sew, scrapbook etc in this room. So space and good storage is an issue. The room is apx.10x11. I really want my daughter's to grow up being Keeper's of their Homes. Home Decorating and Crafting Frugally is a must! You can have a beautiful home on a very tight budget. I also want them to be creative and have a place to show and explore their abilities. ( alrighty let me jump down from my horse; ) Here's some after photos. The paint was from the $5 bin and too yellow. So I added alot of white that we had from another project! Th