Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rambling for sure...

I'm having a cranky day... I'm not joyously tackling my jobs. Anyone else had a day like that?

Well, after being short with every single one of my daughters and then apologizing (to some). You would have thought I'd changed my tune. Unfortunately no.

I was driving back from Urban Girl's work when I noticed the sign of a local church. I see this sign regularly and know the name of the church. Today I took a quick glimpse and read Price Of Peace. Huh? I did a double take. Oh, Prince of Peace.

Anyone ever been disciplined like that? Price of Peace. hmmmm. The price was dearly paid for today. My children think I'm an ogre of a Mom (and I was acting like one). Thank you Lord for my little wake up call....

I wish I had deeper words of wisdom or wonderful scripture to spill forth, but all that keeps coming to mind is. Slow down and do all with a joyous heart.

julie

1 comment:

Funchaosx4 said...

Thank you for sharing your humanity with us. We know that all mothers have those days, but it sure makes us feel better when others are willing to admit it! The 4 chickadees are quick to forgive and even quicker to love. They know that God has given them an excellent mother!