- Started water aerobics the end of June. (2 times a week)
- July continued water aerobics, but added in another day (3 times).
- Gained 6 pounds but feeling great! I can feel the muscle.
- Mid July added in swimming laps 40 to 50 laps in 1 1/2 hours (1 to 2 times per week and water aerobics 1to2 times per week- total of 4 days)
- August buy swim pass. Goal: laps 4 times a week. ( 2 weeks of water aerobics, twice a week). I feel that I really need to step it up. Feeling really good. NO weight loss. Losing some inches.
- By mid August shaving off time down to an hour for 50 laps (1000 yards). Swimming only laps 5 days a week.
- Gained 2 more pounds (freaking out!) Feeling really good . Seeing muscle definition. Feeling a new strength in my body.
- Mid August start eating only when I'm hungry and stopping when satisfied. A few bumps in the road, but doing well. No more dieting. Praying and asking for direction.
- Start really upping the pace of my laps. Adding warm up and cool down with a stretch.
- Beginning of September (end of first week) up to my 1st goal!!! 72 laps!!! (1800 yards)
That's 1 mile people!!!( come to find out that's "normal" in swimming circles, but a start;)
- Lost 8 pounds and retained muscle! Feeling super! Changing up my plan a bit and adding in my more leg work. I can squat down and stand up without groaning!!
- Have gone down 1 clothing size and bathing suit size!
- Not ravenously hungry when I get out of the water anymore. Can get away with a small snack or water.
So a lot has happened in a 2 and half months! I really needed to see it, especially on the those days when I'm feeling down (they do come around). Stuff like it's not coming off fast enough... Or how about I feel like an athlete, but my body doesn't look like one! Yeah, that's a hard one. Inside I feel 100 pounds lighter than I am. So I tend to not be as happy as I should be with my achievements. A bit of perfectionism rearing it's ugly head!
I'm really having to work at eating properly. Sticking to all whole grains, organic cheese, meat and veggie when possible. Having desert everyday! Drinking water and tea. This tends to confuse me a bit as to when I'm truly hungry. So working through that.
I'm getting way to tan! I would like to purchase a swim shirt and fins, but they aren't in the budget. I wish I could make my own! We'll see what the next month holds!
How is your fitness plan going? Are you struggling (like me) in some areas and powering through in others? I'd love to hear from you!