- Wash peppers
- Place on a cookie
- Set oven to broil (I broil on high)
- Place peppers under broiler
- Let peppers char on every side (rotating as needed) including the tops and bottoms
- Place hot peppers in paper bag and let cool 20 to 40 minutes
- Peel black skins off and slice pepper as wanted
Directions for Roasted Garlic:
- I use a glass pie plate
- Peel outer skins off garlic
- Slice just the tops off
- Drizzle or pour olive oil over garlic
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt
- Bake at 385 ( just a random temp) for about 45 minutes
- Take out and cool while peeling the peppers.
So easy and doesn't take much time.
I then mash the yummy garlic and a pinch of salt to tatse.
I then layer roasted peppers and roasted garlic. I was doing a bit of tasting at this point! The garlic is so mellow. Yum! I can't say it enough! Place in fridge an use as needed for a few weeks.
Next, I would proceed to slice some of my french boule bread. (Maybe bake it in smaller rounds or baguette style.) Slather on some P&G, sprinkle a little cheese and pop under the broiler. I now know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow.
I'd love to hear about your favorite things to do with garlic and peppers.