Skip to main content

Craft Room

Well my oldest chickadee is having a meltdown over what she is going to do with her life until she marries and becomes a mother, while my youngest is mourning the lost of her first gold friend named Dori. Life is never boring around here.
We are still working on getting back into our schedule. I really like the bulk of my teaching to be over with by noon, but we've been an hour late starting each day this week. We are also praying with a new price reduction that our home will soon be sold. I've taken a break from keeping it immaculate and now I'm paying for it! We decluttered the 3 bedroom downstairs yesterday afternoon (I'll say it again.... It amazes me how much paper trash and clutter can build up in a couple of weeks)! I had hoped to do the upstairs rooms today, but I got side tracked with making some meals. We are the proud owners of a Shepherd's pie and 2 Lasagnas in the deep freeze! Now I'm here, instead of the Craft Room.

MY (our ) craft room started out as a small 10 x 11 den with a closet that held a Tv and Dvd. Then we had a beautiful little surprise come along and it became a nursery. Now 3 years later it's our craft room. We originally started out with a craft closet (where the Tv used to be). A sweet friend of mine told me how her husband had taken a hall closet and made it into her area. That sounded great to me! So Superman built a table top / counter and I painted it black and decoupaged it. I used the shelving and over head storage to hold crafts. Worked well, but I needed a bit more space for sewing and found myself at the kitchen table most times.



See how messy it has become! See the ornaments I scored for 49 cents! I think someone will like these this Christmas. See Superman (black frame) with his hair in Spikes! A wild day of fun with his daughters and nieces! Boy,do we need a bit more testosterone!!!


These days it tends to be a catch all for things I'm given, gifts and COP (crafts in progress). Now enter the chickadees. The all like to create, and 3 of the 4 are sewing. So we have 5 chicks in one 10 x 11 room trying to "create". We need help!!!!

Can't you just see the disgust, I mean creativity oozing out of this Chickie?

So we shall clean and organize yet again!

I need storage tips and help for 5 please! If you have any suggestions or ideas from what you have done it would be greatly appreciated. We have a 6 foot table that holds a serger, paper case, and other odds and ends. We also have a big wardrobe that is holding our science and nest videos and Tv. 4 drawer system to hold each girls items, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I also want ideas on paint colors! In case the house doesn't sell. I'm thinking a creamy cream?

Please show some love....let me know your thoughts!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh the visions of the craft room,, so familiar. Prayers for cleaning it up.

The notebookng, well that sounds alot like what I was planning. I have a website that a friend recommended to me, I haven't read thru it all the way, my Co-Op strongly believes in the notebooking.
www.notebookingpages.com

Your oldest sounds like my oldest, although I think she has decided what she wants to do, she just has a dramasode about everyday about it.

I panicked a few days ago, because I couldn't find my "Prairie Primer" my 12 yr old wants to read The Little House series and the Primer is perfect for this. Have you heard of it?

Oh, I have to go start breakfast, all my chicks are awake now!!!
Blessings

Popular posts from this blog

So Much to say.

Good Morning All! We had a wonderfully busy, four day weekend here. We started out our time together visiting a reenactment of Civil War life. We had a chance to here the cannons blow and the muskets crack. A little unnerving when your aren't prepared for it. All the Dads in our group were entranced. We learned about Morse code and the telegraph service. How to dress for day, evening and what type of hoop skirt was used for different activities. Everyone enjoyed some sarsaparilla, fried peas, parched corn and fry bread. The chickadees has lots of new ideas for ball gowns and bonnets. ( I think we will have a busy summer.) These were war refugees getting dressed for the day. The hairstyles were so intricate! Did you know that they made specific chairs for men and women? The hoops that women wore couldn't fit into chairs with arms. These chairs were also sold in pairs because married couples were the ones most likely to need them. After leaving the Raid we then headed to Bocia

Nitrate Free Pepperoni

I'm not sure if I should show you the picture or not. I tweaked a recipe from Tammy's Recipes and it is quite tasty. BUT (and it's kind of a big BUT) the color is just not right. So the pepperoni looks a little grey (gross) but again taste SUPER! So here goes nothing.... nitrate free pepperoni See how gray it looks? That's because I used Real Salt (sea salt) instead of curring salts which have all the nitrates and fake pink color (they do this so people won't mistake it for table salt). That pink dye also gives sausages of all types that nice color we are all so used too. All the flavor was still in there and I figured if I'm making this homemade I want it to be as healthy as possible for my family. So why would I add the nitrates? Because I didn't use the pink salt I can't just leave this out in my pantry like you could with some of the store bought stuff. If you do to try this recipe and decide to go "all natural" please make sure that you

Nestor's Party- My Craft Room!

Well I wanted to get these up because Nestor is having a 10 minute to a beautiful room party . This has definitely taken more than 10 minutes. But in my brain it was only suppose to take a day! It's far from finished, but that's what a craft room is for. Right? Here's a couple of before pics during the Children's Christmas play. Basically every surface was covered and I had to move stuff just to work. Five of us craft, sew, scrapbook etc in this room. So space and good storage is an issue. The room is apx.10x11. I really want my daughter's to grow up being Keeper's of their Homes. Home Decorating and Crafting Frugally is a must! You can have a beautiful home on a very tight budget. I also want them to be creative and have a place to show and explore their abilities. ( alrighty let me jump down from my horse; ) Here's some after photos. The paint was from the $5 bin and too yellow. So I added alot of white that we had from another project! Th