Monday, April 20, 2009

So far...

I've: Made tea!
-Planted pumpkins
-weeded and planted calendula
-drained (into the garden) & clean out rain barrel
-exercised the chickens
-found, uploaded, and ordered Fl notebook photos
-have girls cleaning school room
-started laundry
-woke at 6:30 am
-quiet time (i think i need more)

Whew!
Here's what I did on Saturday!


Yup. I canned my own apple pie filling. Go here to 4 Reluctant Entertainers. I never would have tried this if she hadn't made it look so good! It was pretty simple and we had a huge surplus of apples. I would do a couple of things differently next time.

1. Add a bit more sugar
2. Not fill my cans so full!

No we can make apple pie any old time w/o as much work.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

julie

5 comments:

Tami said...

Have to say when I read your post yesterday I was inspired to get up earlier! Last night our little guy was up for most of it (sick). So, didn't get up early and didn't do much of anything else. Maybe tomorrow I will catch up to your speed! Probably won't be exercising chickens, though.

Sweet Blessings said...

YUM! The apple pie filling looks delish! I tagged you for 8 things-see my blog for the quick details:) Blessings! Amanda

LovingLegacy said...

mmmm... yum! makes me wanna get back to baking!i called to see if you wanted a rooster - someone had to give it up - ran into them saving a baby bunny at spca. hey, when do i get to "shoot" your girls? in a couple weeks i should be caught up...

The Ties that Bind Us said...

We made this filling years ago and gave them away as gifts. Unfortunately, I thought they needed more sugar too!

Lori said...

Mmm, your apple pie filling looks great! Don't it just make ya feel so good to accomplish something like that. When I can (which I do alot of!) I leave my jars out for a few days just so I can admire them. :)